A flattering look which is bang en trend, cut out T-shirt dresses with knots in the middle have become a hot look and fast. A style which can easily be dressed up or down, these dresses are going to be perfect for summer and whats even better… we’re going to show you how to make them yourselves!
What you will need:
- A plain tank dress or T-shirt dress
- Sharp scissors
- A pencil or some tailors chalk
1) First you will want to take your dress/ top or choice and measure it against your body to see where you want to cut it. It is important to do this before deciding because otherwise you may cut lower down than you want or so high up that the slits expose your bra and that is not a good look!
2) Once you have measured your garment against yourself, mark where you want to make the top incision. I made the bottom incision about 11cm directly below.
3) Use a ruler and make sure you mark the same on the other side accurately.
4) Find the mid point of the dress so that you know where you want the knot to be.
5) From the mid point, measure about an inch either side so that you do not cut too far into the dress.
6) You can begin to cut into the dress now.
7) You will be left with two rhombus shaped pieces of fabric. Do not throw these away. You will cut them into strips and use them for your decorative knot.
8) Tie the scrap pieces of fabric around the mid part of the cut-outs tightly.
9) Cut off any excess pieces of material.
10) The knot should be left looking like this. Repeat this on the back of the dress too.
11) You have now completed your dress!