Salt-packed capers make this whole wheat spaghetti dish a quick, flavorful weeknight staple. Try it you and your loved ones will really enjoy them.
- 1 pound(s) whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 tablespoon(s) salted capers, rinsed, soaked in water for 10 minutes, then drained
- 2 clove(s) (chopped ) garlic
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 cup(s) packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti to pot; cook, stirring frequently the first 3 minutes and then occasionally, until pasta is AL Dente, about 2 minutes less than recommended on the package. While pasta is cooking, take 1/4 cup pasta water and set aside in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, make pesto: Combine capers, garlic, anchovies, and parsley in a blender or food processor. Process, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed until parsley is finely chopped. Add oil in a fine stream, blending until creamy. Transfer sauce to a medium bowl; stir in cheese.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Stir reserved pasta water into pesto. Pour sauce over pasta and mix well to combine. Top with pepper and more cheese if desired. Serve immediately.