Thick and creamy, this peanut soup is a delicious sweet dessert which can be served hot or cold.
- Raw peanuts – 450g
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Sugar- 450g
How to prepare it
- Place peanuts in a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove peanut skins, then rinse and drain.
- Transfer peanuts into a large saucepan. Cover with water and add baking soda. Bring to the boil and cook for another 10 minutes. Drain and wash, then drain again.
- Return peanuts to saucepan. Add 5 liters (20 cups) water and bring to the boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 3 hours or until peanuts are soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour cooked peanut and remaining water into a blender (processor) and blend until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan and add sugar. Stir well over low heat until sugar dissolves
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve it. If serving cold, leave to slightly before refrigerating for at least 1 hour.
Enjoy it 🙂